Director of Conversion Optimization
Instapage is the leader in Post-Click-Optimization™
Our solution helps advertisers increase their conversion rates through the building, personalizing, and optimizing of post-click experiences at scale. With over three million landing pages at an average conversion rate of above 22%, Instapage is helping 15,000+ customers across 100 countries capture more value from their campaigns.
A Leader in G2Crowd’s Conversion Rate Optimization, A/B Testing, and Landing Page Software grids, Instapage is ranked #1 in customer satisfaction
About This Role
Our ideal candidate would be a conversion optimization & personalization pioneer. He or she would be adept at explaining complex concepts to others, would take immediate personal ownership over the role, and would thrive in the fast-paced environment of one of the fastest growing B2B software companies.
As our Director of Conversion Optimization, you will help marketing leaders at companies with significant advertising budgets solve their most pressing conversion problems through our cutting edge software platform.
You’ll use your expertise in conversion rate optimization, personalization, and digital advertising to develop strategies that dramatically improve advertising conversion rates for our largest clients.
Day-to-day, you’ll work collaboratively with account managers to create and polish strategy ideas as well as with our Sales Strategists to ensure a continuous experience post-sale. Additionally, you will be tasked with monitoring data and developing new tests in order to expand upon our best practices, building out internal and customer-facing strategy documentation and training, and work with the product team to ensure that the platform evolves in step with our clients’ goals.
- Build out and continually update our repository of optimization/personalization learnings, outcomes, and strategies.
- Work in collaboration with account managers, providing them with expertise on conversion rate optimization, personalization, and the Instapage platform.
- Utilize client data to recommend uses of Instapage technology that will drive the highest revenue impact and address customer goals.
- Keep track of strategy recommendations provided during the sales process to ensure that we meet the expectations of our clients.
- Analyze data for the strategies you recommended and use that data to generate suggestions for further testing.
- Generate ideas to further the strategic use of the Instapage platform in a way that’s practical, scalable, and drives real value for our clients.
- Participate in strategy-focused conversations with clients “as needed”.
- Coach account managers on Instapage strategy during new hire onboarding, formal ongoing training, and during strategy sessions or one-off consultations.
- 5-7+ years working in conversion optimization or equivalent experience working in a digital agency.
- You have experience using Instapage, Unbounce, Optimizely, Google Optimize 360, Adobe, Visual Website Optimizer, and other leading platforms.
- Comfortable interpreting and communicating advanced performance metrics relating to conversion and personalization campaigns.
- You have the ability to write your own high-quality marketing copy.
- Strong understanding of advertising platforms like Google & Facebook.
- Ability to pick up and understand new technologies quickly and comprehensively.
- Strong creative thinking skills — you’re able to build upon and improve the ideas of others as well as come up with new ideas that are both effective and scalable.
- Strong critical thinking, consultative, and analytical abilities.
- Elite communication skills and EQ; you enjoy building relationships, both internally and with clients.
- Proactive and energetic attitude with the desire to be a key player on a results-oriented team.
- Demonstrated success in fast-paced and demanding environments; you relish adversity and overcoming obstacles.
- Proven ability to draw evidence-based conclusions about user decisions and behavior
- Intermediate experience with UX design, wire-framing, and usability principles
- Paid Time Off + all major U.S. holidays
- Flexible work hours and WFH days
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Catered Lunch and snacks/drinks every day
- European exchange program (visit our teams in Poland or Romania)
- A bright office, conveniently located in SOMA with a full gym and locker room/showers and a beautiful rooftop deck.
- Only the best top of the line technology.
- Commuter Benefits and FSA
- Career growth/education budget (conferences, books, workshops, etc.)
- Accelerated career growth opportunities
- A hard to compete with company culture (see our Glassdoor reviews)
- Ranked #16 tech company in SF for customer satisfaction and employee happiness.