With nearly a thousand new businesses and entrepreneurs joining Instapage daily, we're the fastest-growing landing page platform online. We're on a mission to make digital advertising more relevant and meaningful for everyone. We're obsessed with simplicity and data-driven decision-making.
Do you love being an EA? Are you eager to help build a company for the long term, work closely with a CEO and executive team, passionate about helping others, highly organized, and excited about the Instapage mission? If so, you might be a fit for the Executive Assistant to the CEO role at Instapage. Tyson Quick is the CEO of Instapage and he needs an organized self-starter who can be nimble in the wild west world of startups and technology, while also bringing scaling experience to the table as Instapage grows from 135 people to over 300 in the coming years.
Tyson will depend on you to ensure that his time is being spent on the most leveraged activities, and you will also be a confidante and trusted partner on topics relating to how the company operates, what areas require the most focus, and whats working and not working at any point in time.
Communication skills of all types should be a core strength, as well as the ability to build relationships based on empathy plus mutual respect. Superb organization skills, with very high attention to detail, are mandatory. Above all, your approach to the role should be thinking like a business builder.
Day to Day:
- Gifted communicator: represent the CEO well through phone, email, and chat with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Culture carrier and community builder: Embody Instapage Values while planning team off-sites, team-building events, and connecting the dots between different parts of the Instapage organization.
- Relationship builder: you'll be getting to know many Instapagers across the organization, as well as many external individuals. Creating meaningful and memorable interactions should be natural to you, and something that is a source of excitement.
- Master of ceremonies, i.e. owner of the CEOs time: strategically prioritize and coordinate the CEOs time. Make sure it aligns with priorities of the business, plus creating a system of accountability so that the time allocation can evolve and change as needed.
- Travel planner: flights, hotels, transportation, dining, etc. The CEO at Instapage travels about once a month, so the frequency isn't very high, but attention to detail will matter to set an example to others.
- Meeting enabler: organize, attend, and track minutes plus action items with an eye on making every interaction productive and enjoyable.
- Special projects: May include research, analysis, presentation preparation, cross-functional company programs, etc. These projects should be executed with quality, but the goal is not to have them become a large percentage of your time. The CEO team must maintain time flexibility to adapt to the needs of the organization, ideally in a proactive way (not reactive way).
- Project management: keep multiple teams and projects on track in parallel. Instapage is a 135+ person organization and how we do planning, and organize cross functional work require lots of moving parts at times.
- 5+ years of experience, with at least 1 years of administrative experience supporting an executive.
- Career EA who loves the profession and wants to stay an EA for the long term.
- Demonstrated ability to own cross functional projects from end to end, ideally with visibility to an executive team and/or board of directors.
- Experience organizing team events with dozens of people, as well as multi-day events with smaller groups of people, such as an executive offsite.
- Demonstrated ability to organize complex travel schedules with many moving parts, including dozens of briefings in one day, managing multiple stakeholders, etc.
Characteristics & Skillset:
- Organized and detail-oriented. Able to prioritize multiple assignments and stay calm under pressure, creating order of out chaos. The attention to detail bias must be an intrinsic mindset, and it will be connected to a strong desire to optimize and make things better.
- Intellectual curiosity to discover new ways to make things better. This should manifest as a character trait, and include a compulsion to improve things, find new ways of doing things, and drive a desire for lifelong learning. When facing a complex situation, your bias should be to break it down into bite sized components.
- Ability to communicate the priorities of the CEO to others inside the organization, whether it is by written verbal, or group communications.
- Must have developed a highly structured and efficient means of managing ones own time, plus have the ability to explain this structure. Foundation should be based on intentional and deliberate prioritization.
- Curiosity to understand project/program management philosophies, study the theory and best practices, as well as originate new philosophies based on ones day to day work.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complete confidentiality on all business matters, including examples when this resulted in tension.
- Excellence with major productivity suites, especially Google Apps, as well as a demonstrated ability to pick up new tools, evaluate them, weigh the pros/cons, and optimize ones work style. Should have clear examples of recent productivity tools that were tested out and either kept or disregarded, plus ability to explain why.
- Natural ability to connect the dots on different ways of communicating and collaborating. The right candidate will have high EQ, read people well, and have a warmth about them when working with people they know well, and also dont know well.
- Attributes others will have said about you: constantly learning new things, high attention to detail, great memory, calm under pressure, easy to work with, deliberate & intentional with their actions, precise, level headed, calm and collected, cares about the details, crafts their work.
- Competitive salary.
- Shared equity ownership.
- 120 hours of Paid Time Off + all major U.S. holidays.
- Flexible work hours.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Catered Breakfast and Lunch
- On Site Gym
- Commuter Benefits.
- Career growth/learning budget (conferences, workshops, etc.)
- European exchange program (visit our teams in Poland or Romania)
- A hip office, conveniently located in the heart of SOMA.
- Only the best top of the line technology.
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed.
- Yearly promotional opportunities based on performance