Director of Data and Analytics
Instapage is the leader in post-click-optimization ™.
Our solution helps marketing teams increase advertising conversions through the building, personalizing, and optimizing of landing page experiences at scale.
With over three million landing pages converting above 22%, Instapage is helping 15,000+ customers across 100 countries capture more value from their campaigns.
A Leader in G2Crowd’s Conversion Rate Optimization, A/B Testing, and Landing Page Software grids, Instapage is ranked #1 in customer satisfaction.
What you’ll do
Instapage is looking for an experienced leader to build and scale our analytics organization.
You’ll be working collaboratively across departments (product, marketing, sales and customer support) to use data to improve customer acquisition, retention and product adoption.
Most importantly, you’ll recruit the best analytics and data science talent to take on some of the most challenging technical problems in the industry. The ideal candidate will have experience building and leading an analytics team, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have experience in data-driven decision making. You will be a great fit if you have a strong bias towards action, enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive business impact.
- Work with data engineers to build a data pipeline, ETL processes and data warehouse infrastructure to ensure all departments are able to use data with ease and accuracy.
- Identify, recruit, and retain a data analytics team consisting of data scientists/analysts to help develop internal analytics and product feature development.
- Set the strategy and roadmap for the analytics team. Assess high-impact opportunities for the business and partner with other leaders across the company, including product, engineering, marketing, sales and support to understand their analytical needs and then develop reports/dashboards that meet those needs.
- Drive processes and training to democratize data across the organization.
- Master’s degree or PhD in applied mathematics, statistics, computer science / engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in analytics with 2+ years of managing and scaling high growth analytics / data science teams.
- Proven track record of having built an analytics team.
- An ability to write very complex SQL queries. (ETL experience a plus.)
- Deep understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, noSQL storage, database warehouse design, BI reporting and dashboard development.
- Expertise deploying machine learning algorithms in a production setting
- Inspiring leader with a driven, results-focused attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact.
- Driven, self-starter, quick learner.
- Experience working with Segment, Looker, Snowflake a plus
- Paid Time Off + all major U.S. holidays
- Flexible work hours and WFH days
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Catered Lunch and snacks/drinks every day
- European exchange program (visit our teams in Poland or Romania)
- A bright office, conveniently located in SOMA with a full gym and locker room/showers and a beautiful rooftop deck.
- Only the best top of the line technology.
- Commuter Benefits and FSA
- Career growth/education budget (conferences, books, workshops, etc.)
- Accelerated career growth opportunities
- A hard to compete with company culture (see our Glassdoor reviews)
- Ranked #16 tech company in SF for customer satisfaction and employee happiness.