Senior Accountant CPA
With nearly a thousand new businesses and entrepreneurs joining Instapage daily, we're the fastest-growing landing page platform online. We're on a mission to make paid advertising more relevant and effective for everyone. We're obsessed with simplicity and data-driven decision-making.
Looking to make the largest impact on the advertising industry since Google, come join us.
In general, tasks may include:
- Overseeing the company's financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Establish chart of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts
- Reconcile accounts
- Manage revenue recognition in compliance with GAAP standards
- Manage accounts payable
- Prepare corporate tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Providing and interpreting financial information
- Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines
- Conduct month-end and year-end close processes
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Developing financial mechanisms that minimize financial risk
- Assist management in establishing office budgets and report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows
- Analyzing change and advising accordingly
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance
- Liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. vendors, auditors, investors, bankers, and statutory organizations
- Staying on top of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Oversee monthly financial reporting for cost centers in Poland and Romania by maintaining and balancing subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- Understanding of B2B cloud software business standards
- Ability to work autonomously without need for guidence
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An analytical approach to work
- Sound technical skills
- Problem-solving skills and initiative
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize
- The ability to work as part of a global team and to build strong working relationships
- The capacity to make quick but rational decisions
- Bachelor's degree or higher in finance or accounting
- Knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets, Quickbooks, Expensify, Transferwise, and more.
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- California Certified Public Accountant.
- The chance to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing marketing technology company.
- Nearly a thousand new businesses and entrepreneurs joining Instapage daily.
- Competitive salary.
- Shared equity ownership.
- 120 hours of Paid Time Off + all major U.S. holidays.
- Flexible work hours.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Catered Breakfast and Lunch
- A bright office, conveniently located in the heart of SOMA.
- Only the best top of the line technology.
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed.
- European exchange program (visit our teams in Poland or Romania)
- Career growth/learning budget (conferences, workshops, etc.)