With nearly a thousand new businesses joining Instapage daily, we're the fastest-growing landing page platform online. We’re on a mission to make digital advertising more relevant and effective for everyone. We're obsessed with simplicity, user experience and data-driven decision-making.
Instapage is seeking a qualified, deadline-conscious and detail-oriented User Experience Researcher, like you, to contribute insightful research design and test implementation. You will work closely with our in-house researchers, UX designers, product managers and visual designers to ensure that the Instapage product and brand is solving the right problems for the right customers.
As a researcher, your strong understanding of various research methodologies, interview practices, results analysis, and exploratory research proficiency will be applied to a variety of research projects. You’ll be expected to synthesize your findings into clear, articulate and actionable recommendations.
You should possess a thorough appreciation of qualitative as well as quantitative research and the benefits of utilizing both disciplines in a complementary fashion. You should know how to contribute to the creation of impactful user-focused features and leverage your findings to make a strong case for our product strategy. As an Instapager, you’ll be expected to understand the product, the digital marketing industry, and our audience. This position will require you to be in or around San Francisco and to work on-site at our SOMA office.
What you’ll do:
- Design and execute research plans that adopt best practices and standards while also meeting the practical requirements and deadlines of a fast-growing business.
- Work with product managers, researchers, designers and engineers to assess project needs and develop appropriate research plans and experiments to support their objectives.
- Work seamlessly between multiple projects of varying complexities while respecting deadlines.
- Systematically review customer feedback and identify areas (or problems) for further exploration.
- Design, recruit/schedule and moderate regular usability studies and user interviews.
- Regularly formulate and appropriately test hypotheses against data and customer feedback.
- Work closely with other researchers and data analysts to integrate qualitative research methods with ongoing quantitative research.
- Share tangible findings and prioritized recommendations with teams on a regular basis.
- 3+ years of working experience in a research-related field - or graduate degree in human factors, psychology, user experience research, social sciences or equivalent field.
- Able to reason/problem-solve from first-principles (i.e. not from research methodologies or “UX Tools”), thereby assessing problems at their foundations and revising your research approach accordingly.
- Deep understanding of the different cognitive biases and systems that shape human judgments and decisions, and reliably and consistently employ research and experimental techniques that guard against ensuing biases.
- In-depth understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methods - and up-to-date knowledge of best practices in both.
- Good understanding of user-centered design principles, and a solid grasp of contemporary trends in both web and app design.
- Experience conducting both in-person and remote user research (moderated & un-moderated interviews, studies, tests) with user groups representing different demographics.
- Experience conducting user research for a product and/or engineering team. (Or equivalent experience designing and executing research projects with tangible deliverables, start-to-finish.)
- Able to incorporate research best practices into current (and future) product development.
- Insatiable curiosity and a drive to build the right product for the right users.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to balance project schedules with multiple and changing requirements.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, iterative design process that includes accepting and managing feedback and constructive criticism.
- Able to communicate conceptual ideas and research/experimental rationale to product and company stakeholders.
Bonus for having interest and / or experience with the following:
- The psychology of marketing and human behavior as relevant to a complex and intricate SaaS software platform.
- Experience with advanced iterative rapid prototyping design, research and experimentation programs such as Sketch, Axure, Framer.js, Usertesting.com, etc.
- The chance to get in on the ground floor of one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies.
- Nearly a thousand new teams & agencies joining Instapage daily.
- Competitive salary.
- Shared equity ownership.
- 120 hours of Paid Time Off + all major U.S. holidays.
- Flexible work hours.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Daily Catered Lunch
- A bright office, conveniently located in the heart of SOMA.
- Only the best top of the line technology.
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed.
- European exchange program (visit our teams in Poland or Romania)
- Career growth/learning budget (conferences, workshops, etc.)