Big Data Engineer (Warsaw)
With nearly a thousand new businesses and entrepreneurs joining Instapage daily, we're the fastest-growing landing page platform online. We're on a mission to make paid advertising more relevant and effective for everyone. We're obsessed with simplicity and data-driven decision-making.
Instapage has grown from 3 to over 120 employees in the past 3 years and we're just getting started.
Our web application is used by 600,000 users all over the world, mainly from the USA and Canada. We are following current programming trends and working on improving our solutions. If you are seeking for a place where you can develop your skills, be a part of an ambitious team and work on challenging projects, you won't find a better place to pursue your career than Instapage.
As our Big Data Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines
- Architect, build and launch new data models that provide analytics
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the awesome pipelines you build
- Very good Big Data skills to create highly scalable and functional applications that can store, process & analyze Big Data
- Experience with Apache Software Foundation projects (any 3 would be good):
- Hadoop / Hadoop streaming and Map-Reduce
- HIVE / Presto / Apache Drill / Impala / Postgres / Cassandra
- Spark / PySpark / Spark-Scala
- KAFKA, Kafka Connect & Kafka Streams
- Apache Sqoop
- Storm / Samza / Spark-Streaming
- Log Analysis: https://www.graylog.org/
- Experience with Cloud Platforms (any of following cloud platform is good):
- AWS Products:
- Kinesis streams and firehose
- EC2 (Spot & Reserved Pricing), AMI & VPC
- Data Pipeline
- GCP Products:
- Cloud Storage
- Monitoring & Logging
- AWS Products:
- Programming Languages (any of following would be good): Python / Bash / C / Java / Go / Cpp
- Good knowledge of English (you will be working with our team from USA, Romania on a daily basis + documentation)
We are open to local candidates only! You'll need to be in Instapage's office in Warsaw/Poland on a regular basis.
- You’ll work in an environment of transparency with lots of exposure to senior management
- Extremely competitive salary
- Shared equity ownership (that’s right, you will own a part of the company)
- Flexible work hours
- Yearly Conference / Workshop budget
- United States (San Francisco, California) Exchange Program After One Year
- Awesome working conditions: you'll be working in young & cool team in the city center
- Company events once a month (paintball, bubble soccer, etc.).
- Free catering from best restaurants every Friday
- Chilling out playing xBox games / board games / table tennis, soccer table
- Multisport Card
- Private health insurance / group life insurance